- Pine, cardboard, plasticine, felt fabric, paper, string, and hot glue
This project began as a generative toolkit for a potential system that could be playfully combined into a variety of flexible, multipurpose furniture-type objects. The focus of this ongoing project is to try and alleviate some of the problems associated with small, temporary living spaces while allowing users of this system to populate their spaces with more useful and meaningful objects.
“Understanding the role that objects play in users’ lives, design teams can be appropriately inspired to create responsive products and systems based on true needs and values."
This kit consisted of:
- Four different lengths of wood lines
- String to be used as another type of component
- Three different sizes of cardboard planes
- Fabric to be used as another type of line or plane
- Hot glue to be used as points
- A 1:6 scale apartment floor grid and mannequin
- Both obvious and abstract examples of 3D objects (ie: 90-degree boxes and polygons with multiple angles)